Thursday 11 October 2007

Korean Warcraft player

I'm on day four of teaching a small class of twenty at most, in english speaking, writing and listening. All of them can speak english about as well as I can speak german if not better, infact some of them are really impressive. Trying to teach them to play 20 questions was interesting, especially when at one time, the person we were guessing was a korean famous for playing Warcraft. But I guess I should count myself lucky as another volunteer trying the same game with another group of people had someone choose laughing gas!

On wednesday Andrew (a young lady) had a birthday, and interestingly the cake had some slices of cherry tomatoe on.



(cake with cherry tomatoes ontop).














Today im planning to try a roleplay suggested by another volunteer (there is a primary school teacher in our group! He has been so helpful, thanks Ped).

I also attended an english corner last night, a free for all of chinese people wanting to practice english. It was very quickly remarked upon that I was a "gentleman" though this turned out to be less to do with my manors but because I have a very clear and proper english accent and should be a news reader.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey james! ni hao? :)

seems you are enjoying china. cool!

maybe you'd like to try a lesson on what is inside your bag. my friend who taught english to koreans did that. for a mostly female class, they examined the contents of their bags together and she taught them how to put makeup on. :)