Monday 27 October 2008

6 months post asia

No don't worry Asia is still there, perhaps the title should be "Asia: 6months post James" but that implies im writing on behalf of the whole of Asia. And Asia is such a vague description anyway - invented so that Extreem examples of American Introverts can describe the areas of the world that are not "America","Europe","Ocean" or "Eye-raq".

It's been 6months now since I sampled Air France food on the return flight from Japan. A lot has happened though not as much as I would have liked, mostly because I haven't done it yet. You could say that there is never enough time but maybe there are always more things to enjoy would be more optimistic.

My chinese is still pretty basic but I have improved my vocabulary slightly, I've made dumplings on several occasions and Gong Bao Ji Ding (have a search through the blog if you want to know more) went down a treat for a family meal.

I have kept in touch with many new friends from my travels, though to my shame I have neglected some that I should have worked harder to keep. I am lucky others have done some of that work for me. So many dreams and ideas seem to have died, yet new ones have sprung up in their place.

Right now I am missing the searing heat of a Manila Sun and the taste of fried sweet snack from the muslim quarter of Xi'an. But I am also Happy to be working with good people around me and great people to share a home with - and greatful for so much more.

No comments: